Wednesday, March 23, 2011

No-Talent Show 2003

I did stand-up comedy for the No-Talent Show at our Gratitude Banquet in 2003. 

So basically, I can't convey how well I might have done with delivery, but one thing I did kind of weave throughout the 12 minutes I was up there was self-deprication alternating with self-aggrandizement.  What I mean is, I emphasized how hard it was to go up there and put myself in the center of attention....AND how much I loved it!
I did a rift of jokes on how there should be honest warning labels on alcohol, like:
WARNING: Consumption of alcohol contributes to dancing like a jerk. 
WARNING: Consumption of alcohol could make you think that your exlovers want a call from you at 4:00 a.m. 
WARNING: Consumption of alcohol could result in your getting tattoos. 
AT WHICH POINT: I took off my jacket and showed my tattoos, getting quite a response!
I also did several jokes about relationships between AA members (something I know a bit about, alas):
How can you tell two alcoholics are on their second date? 
There's a U-Haul in the Driveway.

13th Step = 1 + 12 
My life is unmanageable. 
I want to share it with you.

Looking for a partner in AA, is like looking for a new car in a junk yard.

Jokes by request, highlights of no-talent show:
How many alcoholics does it take to change a lightbulb? 
One, he holds the lightbulb, and the world revolves around him?

No comments:

Post a Comment